Insanely sane… Surviving qualmless.

Insanely sane… Surviving qualmless.
I'm not a perfect person, But I never meant to do those things; And so I have to say before I go, That I just want myself to know. I've found out a reason for me,; To change who I used to be A reason to start over new, and the reason is you. I've found a reason to show, A side of me you didn't know; A reason for all that I do, Before I let you go...

Thursday, April 2, 2009

You grew up Brother...!

   Had a strange nostalgic feeling today. Was at the height of my philosophical ness. Hadn’t contemplated on this trait of mine before.

   My cousin brother is very special to me. We defer by 10 months in age and have spent our childhood together with lots of memories to reminisce. Today, I saw him off to Bangalore for his SSB. As the time for the train’s departure arrived, I was suddenly transported back six years… six years before in an evening like this at home. This very guy then a little child had cried to me, “I feel miserable didi. I will not be able to stay their, please tell them not to send me to the hostel.” I had comforted him that it was for his own good and had then lulled him to sleep with nice ‘hostel stories’ so that he would not be tired for this journey the next day. Fights over “I am tall… no I am taller” snatched back to me. Now, on this fateful day I was standing at the station next to this ‘tall guy’ and seeing him off to his life in Bangalore. On the way to his dream “clearing SSB”, on which he had embarked with tears on that day six years back. Now it was he who was assuring me that he would be all right and would not do any ‘shaitani!’ The little child who had cried his eyes out that day was now all smiles, maybe because he was on the way of realizing his dreams. Just hadn’t realized that the ‘child’ had really grown up while fighting over packing his luggage for the journey just in the afternoon…! I left him their, came out and boarded a bus back. The bus had just started moving and I was thinking about the ‘guy’ I had just left when suddenly my cell beeped. It was his call informing me that he was finally on his way to his dream. I contemplated, I was moving homewards on one side of the Ganges while he on the other moving the other way. The deep chasm creating a maybe unbridgeable gap in-between us, two people in two different worlds..!

   Now as the summer is setting in, we are having more and more power cuts than we used to in the winter. Call it coincidence, their was not a single power cut all the time he was home. But on the way to the railway station their was successive power cuts along the way. Was already beginning to feel his absence, his strange vigorous restless activity all day long. To top all that this power cut…! U left the city in darkness bro…

  

   Wish you all the Best in Life “now my grown up” Brother J

 11.35pm. 31st March.




Please do read and comment on my efforts if you find this post popping up anywhere near you :P

No comments: