Insanely sane… Surviving qualmless.

Insanely sane… Surviving qualmless.
I'm not a perfect person, But I never meant to do those things; And so I have to say before I go, That I just want myself to know. I've found out a reason for me,; To change who I used to be A reason to start over new, and the reason is you. I've found a reason to show, A side of me you didn't know; A reason for all that I do, Before I let you go...

Sunday, April 5, 2009

An old diary...

Had an idyllic day today. Got up late and the day seemed to pass too quickly, as if the sun had a marriage party to attend, so he was finishing up his chores quickly…! Just lolled about the whole day aimlessly. In the afternoon I suddenly had an idea.  Started arranging up my study cabinet. As usual, as if distraction was my habit… I ended up turning the pages of my old diaries. The farewell dairies in school. Just remembered the old days for a moment. All silly crushes, intoxicated poems… Just then came across this written in red ink and decorated with all sorts of good wishes…

 

Flowers are meant for adoring

Trees are meant for caring

Friendship of yours and mine should be everlasting

Always remember this!

As it is one of my saying.

 

With love from yours

Rose.

 

The moment flashed across my mind.

It was a warm sultry afternoon in school. We were in class x.  Slogging hard for ICSE. Nearly the end of the term and school. Rose [short for Rosemary] had taken my diary and was scribbling something. I was immersed in a James Hadley Chase as usual. Drooling for a long time on the page, she gave it to me and told me to remember the poem and the message that it contained. This small message signified such a great deal... expressing it will spoil the its essence.

I was surprised by the vividness with which I had remembered the incident.

Indeed it was the golden days of my life. The diary brought with it many wisps of memories. Even the calculation of marks after the tests and papers had come out, seemed to elate me.

I had so many diaries, and taking them all out would mean… the old days, the old pages… the lamp that had flickered its tenure and burned out… just forever.

I spent the whole afternoon over the diary. Didn’t know when the afternoon rolled into the evening until I could not see anything…

 

2.54 am, 5th April 2009.

P.S. Today I complete my first ten posts here as a blogger. :) And i am happy for it. Been blogging for the last ten days. :)



Please do read and comment on my efforts if you find this post popping up anywhere near you :P

No comments: